There are employment opportunities for University students as part-time teacher aides during the fall and spring semesters. Employment opportunities are available during the summer months, however positions are limited. The Center operates Monday through Friday 7:00 am – 5:30 pm.
The Children’s Center is currently hiring student employees who are available for the following schedules:
Monday through Friday 12:00 – 5:00 p.m.
Monday / Wednesday / Friday 12:00 – 5:00 p.m.
Tuesday / Thursday 12:00 – 5:00 p.m.
Students who are studying early childhood education will be given employment preference.
Hours for Employment
- Schedules are set for the same time for the duration of the semester.
- Shifts may include working the same hours on a M/W/F schedule, T/Th schedule or a Monday through Friday schedule.
- Since class obligations change from one semester to the next, work schedules may change on a semester basis.
- The hours for teacher aides average from 10-20 hours per week. Students may not exceed 30 hours per week.
- Teacher aides must be current BSU students taking a minimum of 6 credit hours.
- At least 18 years of age
- The ability to possess or already possess a Boise City Childcare License.
- Skilled at working with children and families.
- Employment is open to any major but majors relating to early childhood education, child development, or elementary education are preferred
- Boise City child care license
- CPR/First Aid Certified
- Hiring takes place before each semester begins. Hiring does occur throughout the school year, however positions are limited.